Get a vehicle log book (V5C) by going online - it’s quick and easy
Get a duplicate log book
You need to get a log book (V5C) if the original has been lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed by you or your insurance company.
You can get a duplicate log book online if you do not need to change anything in the log book. The log book will be posted to the address which the DVLA has on record.
There are other ways to get a log book if:
- your name or address have changed
- the vehicle details have changed
- you’ve bought, sold or transferred a vehicle
- you did not get a log book with your new vehicle
Apply for a duplicate log book online
You must be the registered keeper on the log book to apply online.
You should receive your log book within 5 working days.
When you cannot use this service
You cannot use this service if:
- you need to change any of your details
- you do not have the vehicle in your possession
- you’ve already sent your log book (V5C) to the DVLA for changes to be made
- your vehicle is registered as part of the DVLA fleet scheme
- your vehicle is registered abroad, including the Channel Islands (Jersey and Guernsey), Isle of Man or Ireland
What it costs
The service usually costs £25. You can pay by credit or debit card.
You cannot get a refund once you’ve used the service (for example if you later find your log book).
You will need the:
- registration number of the vehicle
- VIN/chassis number of your vehicle
- name and postcode registered on your log book
Please visit: Get a vehicle log book (V5C) - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)